Established in the year 1997, the Department offers B.E. Program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with an intake of 60.
It has also laboratory facilities along with modern equipments. The department is well equipped with modern Laboratories like Electrical Machine Lab,
Electrical circuits lab, Control Systems Lab, Power electronics Lab, Electrical measurements lab, and Advanced Electrical simulation Lab.
Advanced Electrical Simulation lab is well equipped with Lab View (Original full Version) Software and with MATLAB (Original Full Version) software.
Goals of the Department
- Prepare the students for entry into the profession;
- Instill in students the capabilities required by the discipline, the recognition of the need to enhance the discipline, and the desire for life-long learning; and
- Equip students with a general knowledge of technical and non-technical disciplines so that they are prepared for further study in other fields including professional and graduate education.
Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives (PEO) of the EEE department of Green University of Bangladesh have been set in such a way so that after graduation the students can demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments in at least one special area such as Electrical/Electronic Hardware, Computer Software, Controls, Electronics, Fields and Waves, and Communication and Signal Processing, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, such as, economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- A confidence and depth of knowledge to conduct subsequent post-graduate study.
We envision a department (faculty, staff, and students) that:
- Is helping to define, make an impact on, and lead in the field of electrical and electronics engineering through its education and research agendas.
- Is committed to education and which will influence the direction of the field and society.
- Will make a contribution to society through its research agenda.
- Is a diverse and stimulating intellectual environment wherein faculty, students, and staff can thrive and grow.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering supports the mission of the Pallavan college of engineering anna University
through teaching, research and service designed to provide the very best undergraduate electrical engineering education possible.
It is our goal to provide our students with a strong theoretical foundation, practical engineering skills, experience in interpersonal communication and
teamwork, and a daily emphasis on ethics, professional conduct and critical thinking. We prepare our graduates for successful engagement in commercial and industrial enterprise, research and development, and graduate study.
We emphasize and support the training necessary for practice as professional engineers.
- 1996- 1997 BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering introduced
- 2004- 2005 Electrical and Electronics Engineering department was recognized for Ph.D research
Activities will be available soon.
We receive a competitive intake as per the rules and regulations given by AICTE.
The diploma students who have secured first class can apply for direct second year admissions.
We follow persistently monitored and assessed teaching learning processes and this has led us to consistently good results.
We have managed 100% result in all most all subjects in final year and the marks obtained by the students are continually improving.
Consistently good academic results have taken us to highly encouraging Placement situation.
- 48 no.of students received first class in 2011-12 exam.
- 53 no.of students received first class in 2012-13 exam.
- 42 no.of students received first class in 2013-14 exam.
- 24 students from the department have acquired the jobs through campus placements in 2011-12 year.
- 1 students from the department have acquired the jobs through campus placements in 2012-13 year.
- 1 students from the department have acquired the jobs through campus placements in 2013-14 year.
- 16 no. of our students are keen in continuing their higher studies from 2011-12 year batch.
- 15 no. of our students are keen in continuing their higher studies from 2012-13 year batch.
- 15 no. of our students are keen in continuing their higher studies from 2013-14 year batch.
- The students here are not only confined to academics but they participate and enjoy many co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
They have made us proud by winning many intercollegiate, state and national level events.
- K.KRISHNA PRIYA
- B.TAMIL MANI
- B.SURESH KUMAR
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Control System Lab
- Measurement and Instrumentation Lab
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller lab
- Linear and Integrated Circuits lab
- Simulation lab
- Electronics lab
- Electron Devices and circuits lab